3 reasons our hot chocolate will be the best winter comforting treat ever
When I wrote "three reasons" I thought afterwards, "how can I limit it to just THREE???!" but then I set myself a goal, accomplished my task, and here are the three!
The first hot chocolate I'd like to share with you is for those who love REAL hot chocolate made from REAL chocolate!!! Whether you're visiting and want a takeaway, or you want to buy it in-store and make it at home, or you want us to send it to you, we've got you sorted!
- If you live in or around the Northern Rivers and Byron Bay, or are visiting, holidaying, or in some way able to come and have the EXPERIENCE first hand of our hot chocolate, get yourself a takeaway! It's amazing. We get told all the time, so we're not being biased 😜!!!
- Our takeaway hot chocolate is different from anything you've had because we FROTH the milk (cow or almond) instead of using a powder. We use coverture melted hot chocolate which is exactly the same chocolate as we use in our world-famous rocky road and poured on our crepes. It's AMAZING.
- If you want to buy it in-store or online, we sell the hot chocolate as buttons or blocks ... the choice is yours. Just add your favourite milk and Mmmmm prepare to be hooked!
- The second hot chocolate I'm sharing is our Ceremonial Cacao from Sacred Earth Medicine. It's no ordinary cacao! It's truly the highest grade, highest vibration, most energy-intense cacao on the planet and it's 100% pure, organic whole bean, heirloom criollo nativo cacao (cacao chuncho) from Peru. It is simply the whole bean ground, nothing added, nothing taken away.
- But hey, don't take our word for it, try it for yourself and experience the difference!
- As an ancient plant medicine and wise teacher, Ceremonial Cacao can deepen awareness of your connection to the earth and the cosmos when used in ceremony, meditation and inner work. For inspiration, try partnering with any creative endeavours. Enjoy your journey, wherever it may take you!
- Friendly Warning! This Cacao may help you:
- Journey into your heart
- Inspire creative downloads
- Experience heaven on earth
- & other radical cosmic awakenings!
- According to an ancient legend, Cacao was bought to earth from the heavens on the beam of a morning star. Bridge heaven and earth and commune with the Cacao Deva Goddess of love, fertility and abundance. In ancient times, the spirit of Cacao was honoured and revered more than gold ... do you need any other reason to try it?
- The third reason is that hot chocolate is for STRENGTH! While we often think of chocolate today in its solid bar form, for most of its long history, chocolate was a drink – the first true chocolate bar as we now know it was not invented until 1839.
- In the thousands of years before that time, chocolate was seen as an invaluable, sacred and magical beverage — a symbol of power, a privilege of warriors and the elite, and a satisfying tonic that was consumed daily and offered the sustenance needed to tackle virile challenges.
- Between 3,000 and 4,000 years ago, cacao plants were first cultivated in Mesoamerica by the Olmec, living in southern Mexico. Rather than eating chocolate in solid form, however, the nibs from the cacao plant were ground into a paste and mixed with water to make a chocolate drink known as “xocolātl.” To get a frothy consistency, the mixture was poured back and forth between two bowls or jugs.
- It was found to be an energy booster and mood enhancer, as well as providing long-lasting sustenance; so these incredible nutritional effects led the Olmec to believe that the drink possessed mystic qualities, so it was generally reserved for important figures at sacred ceremonies.
- The Olmec then passed the chocolate drink on to the Maya civilization, who in turn passed it on to perhaps the beverage’s most famous historical forefathers, the Aztecs. Legendary Aztec leader Montezuma II was known to demand cacao beans from conquered peoples and supposedly drank goblet after goblet of hot chocolate every day in a display of power and opulence.
- Besides his own enjoyment of the beverage, he only allowed those who contributed military service to drink chocolate. When Hernan Cortes and his soldiers encountered the Aztecs, one of his men wrote about Montezuma’s consumption of the curious cacao-made drink and how the Spanish themselves were also served the beverage “all frothed up.”
- Ultimately, Cortes conquered the Aztecs, and brought the popular drink to Spain, from which it spread throughout Europe and, eventually, the world.
In summary (and you can see why limiting myself to 3 reasons why our hot chocolate will be your best winter comforting treat ever became so darn tricky!)
- It's a powerful elixir – one which boosts mood and vitality and combats stress, anxiety, and pain. The scientific name — Theobroma cacao — is ancient Greek for “food of the gods.” For what other drink tastes great, is filling in nature, and stimulates the mind and body.
- Hot chocolate has been a favourite of rulers, warriors, and explorers for centuries.
- OUR hot chocolate is just so darn delicious, decadent, and true to its roots ... and THAT'S why once you've tried it, you'll be hooked for life!