Five reasons you should eat VEGAN CHOCOLATE
Are you as excited as we are about the CHOCOLATE REVOLUTION taking place all over the world?
The demand for and interest in specialty, high-quality, handmade chocolates using sustainable, effective cacao farming and harvesting methods, has meant an increase in the number of specialty makers offering all kinds of amazing creations.
That's where we step in. As a specialty gourmet chocolate boutique, we bring together all the chocolates, from exquisite makers sourced both locally to Byron Bay and further afield; from raw to sugar-free, to traditional milk and dark chocolate favourites such as our Love Byron Bay Rocky Road, to the ever-increasing-in-popularity, VEGAN chocolate. Undoubtedly vegan chocolate has to be the guilt-free way to indulge, and its popularity ensures more and more brands are making the stuff. And nothing could make us happier than MORE CHOCOLATE!
We researched a tonne (and yes, that does involve eating all the vegan chocolates that we sell 😉) and we collectively came up with our TOP FIVE REASONS why you should eat VEGAN CHOCOLATE;
- Vegan (dairy-free) dark chocolate is HEALTHY! (Didn't think you'd ever read CHOCOLATE and HEALTHY in the same sentence, did you?!!!) Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants (even more than some berries!) and nutrients, such as magnesium, zinc, copper and potassium.
- Vegan dark chocolate contains CAFFEINE, which puts a little spring in your step as you carry out your daily tasks ... Smile now if you like the idea of that!
- Vegan dark chocolate can help improve your blood flow and overall cardiovascular health, as the flavonoids in chocolate may help in lowering those pesky "bad" cholesterol levels. (note that most commercially-produced chocolate is highly processed, which can remove some of these beneficial flavonoid antioxidants ... not the Love Byron Bay vegan chocolate collections you'll be pleased to know!!)
- Vegan dark chocolate does a fantastic job of avoiding the milk-based FILLERS which are often from found in chocolate. They're listed as; whey, casein, milk, milk fat, and milk solids. Always read the ingredients list! When you're choosing vegan chocolate, the list of additional ingredients is MINIMAL, so you know you're eating just the best that's on offer.
- Is "regular" chocolate too sweet or sickly for you? Create a delicious and decadent dessert for yourself, your chocolate-loving friend or lover, or a party of chocolate lovers. Vegan dark chocolate runs off the theory, "more is less" as the flavour is so intense that a little goes a long way. Oh, and pop into our delicious little store in the heart of Byron Bay when you're next here on holiday because our vegan range of cakes is to die for, and our French Creperie is just WOW WOW WOW!
FYI our best selling vegan chocolate is the Monsieur Truffe Dark Chocolate Gianduja, and our raw vegan cakes. YUM! Soon we will be having a new Love Byron Bay vegan range too. Can't wait to share that with you, so stay tuned for an exclusive VIP tasting evening when that arrives!
Today's top chocolate tip:
When you're choosing your chocolate bar, always look for the highest percentage of cacao that you possibly can, anywhere between 55-85% is a great place to start ... The higher the percentage, the purer the bar. YUM!
Click here to explore our vegan range, we're so proud to share our vast collection of impeccable vegan chocolate with you ... which will you try first??